Have fun cooking
Teen Taste Cookery Club
Friday evenings are for 12-16 year olds.
During term time, our Teens Club runs on Fridays between 4 and 6pm, in a 6-week programme.
All ingredients and equipment are provided, along with snacks and refreshments.
The Teens Club is a perfect progression from the Saturday morning Kids Club. If you’re completing the Duke of Edinburgh Award this class is great for the skills section!
The 6-week programme focuses on advancing practical cookery skills from fundamental techniques to more complex knife skills and technical recipes.
- A wide range of food groups
- Use of a wide variety of ingredients
- Professional chef techniques and terminology
- A diverse selection of both sweet and savoury dishes from all over the world.
- A range of cookery methods both on the stovetop and in the oven.
Sample Dishes include:
- Doughs: basic and enriched, from bread rolls to croissants
- Pastry: sweet and savoury pastries, from tarts to pasties
- Pasta: dried pasta and fresh pasta (from scratch)
- Rice: risottos, rice stews and arancini
- Desserts: varied traybakes, biscuits and cheesecakes
- Meat and poultry: beef, lamb, pork, and chicken dishes (fried, baked and stewed with accompanying sauces)
- Dietary dishes: gluten-free, plant-based, vegetarian
Our After School Teens club is a great introduction to further education in Hospitality and catering.
See our FAQs for more information