Back to Basics
Book onto one of our bread making classes...
Fill your home with the smell of freshly baked bread. Our Traditional Bread courses will take you back thousands of years when all baking was done by hand. Learn how to knead, prove and bake like a chef to produce the freshest loaf.
Learn to bake bread like a pro with us on our bread baking classes.
We have four classes to choose from:
- Basic bread dough: soda bread , shaped bread rolls, wholemeal loaf
- Enriched dough: brioche, Danish pastries and croissants, pain de mie.
- Farmhouse bread: classic cobber, farmhouse sandwich loaf, sourdough
- Harvest bread: harvest wheatsheaf, sweet dried fruit bread, mixed seeds bread
In each class you will consolidate your basic skills and develop your understanding of the advanced techniques. You’ll soon be baking delicious loaves from scratch.
You’ll learn about the different kinds of flour, kneading techniques, and baking temperatures. From the first tearing of the bread apart and the touch of softness inside, you’ll be in bakers’ heaven. Finally, learn how to store and freeze your bread so you can enjoy that fresh-baked feeling whenever you like time and time again.
Are you up for the challenge to take part in one of our Bread Classes? It is the perfect opportunity to meet other bread-lovers and expand your culinary repertoire - learning to make your own delicious array of bread.
What to expect:
This is one of our longer classes and last 4.5 hours and includes lunch. All our classes take a hands-on approach to cooking, and you’ll be learning recipes from scratch. Our friendly chef will teach you all the tricks of the trade, starting with a fun and informative demonstration. After that, it’s over to you! You’ll be able to taste your food throughout the cooking process and season your plate to your liking. Throughout the evening chef will invite you to sample their food.
Dates: Visit our class schedule to see the next dates that are available.
(Dishes will vary according to season and availability of ingredients)
- Expert guidance from our chef teacher and assistants
- All ingredients and equipment
- Apron to wear in class.
- Class recipes *You will be e-mailed all the recipes you have cooked with us after the class.
- Refreshments and snacks available throughout the class
- Takeaway containers to take your creations home in (although feel free to bring your own or a cool bag if travelling far)
See our FAQs for more information