Mastering basic knife skills is the quickest and easiest way to appear like a whiz in the kitchen, even if you’re just starting out on your cooking journey. Whether you’ve been casually manoeuvring around the kitchen your whole life or are just now learning the basics, sharpening up on the essential knife skills will make you the best chef you can be.
Learning how to use a knife is one of the fundamental skills in cooking. A chef’s knives are their pride and joy and form the basis of any serious cooking. The focus of the class is precision and accuracy.
We cover all of the key skills in this exciting technical class:
- Positioning your knife, slicing, dicing, chopping, mincing, julienning & chiffonading
- Traditional vegetable cuts such as emince, hache, macadoine & brunoise,
- Traditional butchery cuts of a chicken
What to expect:
All our classes take a hands-on approach to cooking, and you’ll be learning recipes from scratch. Our friendly chef will teach you all the tricks of the trade, starting with a fun and informative demonstration. After that, it’s over to you! You’ll be able to taste your food throughout the cooking process and season your plate to your liking. Throughout the evening chef will invite you to sample their food.
Sample Menu available on request
Dates: Visit our class schedule to see the next dates that are available.
- Expert guidance from our chef teacher and assistants
- All ingredients and equipment
- Apron to wear in class.
- Class recipes *You will be e-mailed all the recipes you have cooked with us after the class.
- Refreshments and snacks available throughout the class
- Takeaway containers to take your creations home in (although feel free to bring your own or a cool bag if travelling far)
See our FAQs for more information